Fall Break

Friday, October 18, 2013 by Emilia Reed

Today is the last day of my half-semester courses and the start of Harvey Mudd’s first vacation of the semester, Fall Break! Three of my CORE classes, PHYS23 (Special Relativity), MATH30G (Calculus), and CHEM23S (Structure), just ended. Though they have been tough, I feel like I’ve learned more in just half a semester here than I did in some of my year long classes in high school. The last seven weeks have been overwhelming in the best way possible. I’ve met a huge group of people and made a lot of new friends in the process. At the same time, it feels like I’ve been here for much longer than two months. My friends and I are already very close, studying, doing homework, and hanging out together daily. Though I’m looking forward to everything I get to learn during the rest of the semester, right now I’m excited about Fall Break. I’m staying on campus along with most of my friends. CAP trips have even been organized to go to Six Flags, LA, and Boomers  for anyone not going home. I’m personally looking forward to a sushi lunch with my sister (a senior here at HMC), watching Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight in East Dorm, and just relaxing over the weekend.

Willie Zuniga '17 working hard on Calculus homework
Willie Zuniga ’17 working hard on Calculus homework

Flowers blooming outside Platt in October
Flowers blooming outside Platt

The beautiful walk from Linde Dorm to the rest of campus

Studying for finals in Platt
Studying for finals in Platt

image
West’s pirate flag flying above the dorm

Getting ready for the Frosh-Soph Games (Spoiler: the Frosh won!)