Fall Out Boy and Foam

Friday, October 4, 2013 by Emilia Reed

Two weeks ago I went on a CAP trip to LA. For those of you who don’t know, Harvey Mudd helps sponsor student run and organized trips, called CAP. These range from seeing Book of Mormon, to visiting Disneyland, to whatever you want to do and can find others who want to do it too. They are awesome and let us poor college students get off campus and have fun without worrying as much about the cost. My first CAP event two weeks ago was to a concert featuring  Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy . It was exciting and incredibly loud! My roommate and I went together, and the senior driving us was really nice. I’m also really looking forward to seeing Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog with fellow Mudders in the city in a few weeks!

People having fun with phone flashilights between acts
image_9
Fall Out Boy!
The lighting was awesome
Cool fire effects

Last week Harvey Mudd also had one of its big parties of the year. North Dorm hosted Foam, a 5C party (meaning anyone from the Claremont Colleges can come), named for the foam that two machines on the second floor balcony pour down onto the crowd of people dancing. It was lively and extremely fun, with people dancing to the music and getting covered in foam. Admittedly, I was a little worried before going, I mean this was my first big college party, but I had an amazing time there with my friends (I’m still surprised by how many people I’ve met since coming here) and I can’t wait for the next one!

IMAG0630

Foam!
Foam!

Thanks for reading my blog! I hope you are having an awesome year :)

An exciting lunch in the Hoch
An exciting lunch in the Hoch