Continuing Students

Instructions and Deadlines

Below are the financial aid instructions and deadlines for current Harvey Mudd students who are reapplying for financial aid after their first year.  Students interested in only receiving federal and state grant and loan assistance need only complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The CSS\Financial Aid PROFILE is required to be considered for Harvey Mudd College need-based grant assistance.

International applicants, please refer to the International Student Financial Aid page.

Printable Financial Aid Checklist

Deadline: March 2

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Federal School Code: 001171. You will be required to log in using your previously used Personal Identification Number (PIN) through the Department of Education’s PIN Website.
  • CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Code: 4341
  • Cal Grant GPA Verification Form (Required only for First Year California residents who are NOT currently receiving the Cal Grant)
    • Current first-year students must submit their Cal Grant GPA Verification Forms to their high schools for certification because they may not yet have established a GPA at Harvey Mudd.

Note: You and your parents do not need to file a federal income tax return prior to completing a FAFSA. Estimate, to the best of your ability, your and your parents’ income on the FAFSA. Be sure to file your federal tax return early and use the FAFSA’s IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transmit your and/or your parents’ income tax return information from the IRS to your FAFSA.

Deadline: April 15

The following supplemental documents (current year tax returns, etc) are due on or before the above date. These documents should be sent directly to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) with your personalized Cover Sheet:

  • Signed, final copy of recently filed federal income tax returns including all schedules, forms, W-2s and 1099s from you and your parent(s).
  • Signed, final copy of any Corporate Federal Tax Returns with all K-1s (if applicable) for any corporation(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
  • Signed, final copy of any Partnership Federal Tax Return(s) with all K-1s (if applicable) for any partnership(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
  • Noncustodial Parent’s Statement (if applicable). Required for second-year students only. Rising juniors and seniors who have not submitted two years of noncustodial parent information must also submit the Noncustodial Parent’s Statement.
  • Verification Worksheet for Dependent Student