Instructions and Deadlines
Below are the financial aid instructions and deadlines for domestic students applying to Harvey Mudd Early Decision 1 who want to be considered for federal, state and institutional aid. Students interested in only receiving federal and state grant and loan assistance need only complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The CSS\Financial Aid PROFILE is required to be considered for Harvey Mudd College need-based grant assistance.
International applicants, please refer to the International Student Financial Aid page.
Printable Application Checklist
Deadline: November 15
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE Code: 4341
- Noncustodial PROFILE from the noncustodial parent (if applicable). The link and password for the Noncustodial PROFILE will be provided to the student directly from the College Board after completing the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
- Prior Year Federal Tax Return – Submit signed copy of the parent(s)/guardian(s) prior-year signed and completed federal tax return, including all applicable schedules, forms, W-2s, 1099s and Corporate/Partnership Federal Tax Returns with K-1s (if applicable). Copies should be sent by fax (909.607.7046), email attachment (firstname.lastname@example.org, PDF format), or U.S. Postal Service mail (Office of Financial Aid, 301 Platt Boulevard, Claremont, CA 91711).
Deadline: February 1
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Harvey Mudd College’s Federal School Code is 001171. Prior to filing online, you and one of your parents must obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) through the Department of Education’s PIN website.
Note: You and your parents do not need to file a federal income tax return prior to completing a FAFSA. Estimate, to the best of your ability, your and your parents’ income on the FAFSA. Be sure to file your federal tax return early and use the FAFSA’s IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transmit your and/or your parents’ income tax return information from the IRS to your FAFSA.
Deadline: March 2
- Cal Grant GPA Verification Form (California residents only) due to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).Provide this form to your high school counselor well before this deadline to allow time for processing.Document must be postmarked no later than March 2.
Deadline: April 15
The following supplemental documents (current year tax returns, etc.) are due on or before the above date. These documents should be sent directly to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) with your personalized Cover Sheet:
- Signed, final copy of recently filed federal income tax returns including all schedules, forms, W-2s and 1099s from you and your parent(s).
- Signed, final copy of any Corporate Federal Tax Returns with all K-1s (if applicable) for any corporation(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
- Signed, final copy of any Partnership Federal Tax Return(s) with all K-1s (if applicable) for any partnership(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
- Verification Worksheet for Dependent Student
- Business/Farm Supplement, if requested