We welcome first-year applications from students completing a home-school curriculum. If you are home-schooled, we rely on you to thoroughly document your academic program. Your application process and requirements are the same as students who complete a traditional high school curriculum, but there are some specifics we’d like to know about your home-school experience that we’ve listed below.
Information to Communicate to Us
- Did you take courses at local high schools or colleges?
- How were your foreign languages or lab science courses taught?
- What texts did you use?
- Did you follow an established curriculum and, if so, from which source?
- Who evaluated your work?
- Can you provide a reference from a tutor or an outside instructor?
Other Valuable Information for your Application
- Transcripts from any high school or college courses you’ve completed
- Letters of recommendation from those course instructors
- SAT subject tests in a variety of fields
- Participation in group activities (academic and non-academic) to show evidence of wanting to be a part of an active, collaborative community
- As a home-schooled student, it’s a particularly good idea to schedule an interview with our staff