Harvey Mudd College welcomes applications from students who are looking to transfer from a two- or four-year college or university.
Prospective students are eligible to apply as a transfer student if they will have completed two or more terms of academic work (in good standing) at a recognized institution of higher learning by the academic term for which they are applying.
The transfer application process is highly selective with just 2-3 applicants being granted admission each year.
Is Harvey Mudd College the Right Fit for You?
Harvey Mudd College and its students form a unique community. If you’re deciding whether or not to apply for a transfer to HMC, consider whether the following applies to you:
- You will have completed a significant number of courses that are compatible with courses in our Common Core regardless of your past academic experience.
- You are interested in a well-rounded, liberal arts education. HMC is not a pre-professional program, a technical institute or a school that allows students to specialize and take courses exclusively in a single discipline for two to three years.
- You are willing to complete at least two years as a full time student at HMC (this is a requirement).
- You are interested in joining a residential campus community. Living on campus is not required, but 99 percent of our students live on campus all four years.
- You exhibit a genuine desire to take advantage of the HMC and The Claremont Colleges community beyond the academic offerings.